Friday 21 October 2011

Lookbook - Womens, Mens and Beauty Edits


Womens, Mens and Beauty sections of the store will be promoted. Each section will contain the same information:

Editors Top 10
Designer Focus
Trend Alert

The trend alerts pages will be taken straight from the website. I will be doing this because I don't feel it is necessary to re-design these pages. They have already been designed very nicely and fit in well with the overall feel I want for the lookbook. They contain a lot of imagery and the layout I feel doesn't need to be improved.

I have laid out the Editors Top 10 for each section to create a more visual representation of the information. Each Top 10 follows the same structure, running along like a timeline, with information running down about each item. The number 1 item is enlarged giving it the spotlight , with an upside down coat hanger holding the number. Having a lot of information on one page means that everything needs to be very clear and the use of grids helps to keep everything very structured.





Below are the layouts form the Harvey Nichols website regarding the Trend Alerts and Designer Focus for Women, Mens and Beauty sections. I have just rotated ad scaled the images to fit the paper size.














Brand Focus online shows a vast amount of different brands for all women, men and beauty. I don't feel it is necessary to include all of these because the lookbook is a snapshot of the Leeds stores key attributes. I have chosen a few to include and have designed simple layouts for each page.



The layout reflects the structure from the make up palette. It is all very 'boxed in' rigid yet feminine.









This layout has a lot of important information and therefore needs to be very clear and structured. The event is highlighted on the left hand side away from all the information. I have done this because people can see first what the event is and then if they are interested can flick to the right side for details of the event and places it is taking place.






The imagery here is very dark and seductive, so I felt the text had to mirror this. The launch is taking place in many cities, however because this lookbook will be featured in the Leeds store, this is most prominent date and time on the page.




This is a layout showcasing student and upcoming designers work. I am not sure about the layout. I don't think it works well with the rest of the theme of the book. And because the event will take place in London it isn't in the right place withing the book. Later on in the lookbook I will have a section on different countries to visit that have Harvey Nichols stores, I could include this layout there. I think I will redesign it though because it has;t been designed very well for the whole essence of Harvey Nichols.




For this layout as well I have just realised it is an event to take place in London. I may remove the layout altogether or slot it in later on at a more appropriate place.


No comments:

Post a Comment